How Loot and Loot Tables work in Alderman RPG

How Loot and Loot Tables Work Image

Rolling for Loot & Treasure is one of the cornerstone activities in any tabletop RPG. Alderman RPG has tools that can create customized Loot and Loot Tables.

Loot & Loot Tables

Loot are items, treasure, goods, or anything of value that players can acquire. Alderman comes pre-populated with some loot to serve as both examples and a place to start when creating your own content.

Loot Tables are collections of Loot that players can pick from. For example, a Loot Table with the name “Small Crate” can represent a collection of possible loot that may be returned when selecting from this table, or in this case a small crate or similar scenario.

Discovering Loot & Treasure is only limited by your imagination.

How do I Roll for Loot?

On the Home/Play page you will find a section called Roll for Loot & Treasure.

Select a Loot Table from the drop-down and click Roll.

Roll for Loot

How do I view all the Loot?

To see all of the Loot in Alderman RPG, follow the menu Manage > Loot.

On the Loot page you can search for and view all of the Loot.

View Loot

How do I view Loot Tables?

To see all of the Loot Tables in Alderman RPG, follow the menu Manage > Loot Tables.

On the Loot Tables page you can view all of the Loot Tables.

View Loot Tables

How do I create new Loot?

In order to create your own Loot you must have an account on Alderman RPG and be logged in.

To create new Loot in Alderman RPG, follow the menu Manage > Loot.

Select Create Loot.

In the Loot creation page you can edit the Loot name, privacy, category, rarity, value, weight, and description.

Create Loot

How do I create new Loot Tables?

To create new Loot Tables in Alderman RPG, follow the menu Manage > Loot Tables.

Select Create Loot Table.

In the Loot Table creation page you can edit the Loot Table name, privacy, and minimum and maximum number of selected items.

Create Loot Table

How do I add Loot to a Loot Table?

To add Loot or a Loot Table in Alderman RPG, follow the menu Manage > Loot Tables.

Select the Loot Table you would like to add the Loot to. Open the Action Menu ( ⋮ ) and select either Add Existing Loot or Create New Loot.

Add Loot to Loot Table

How do I delete Loot or a Loot Table?

To delete Loot or a Loot Table in Alderman RPG, follow the menu Manage > Loot or Manage > Loot Tables.

Select the Loot or Loot Table you would like to add the Loot to. Open the Action Menu ( ⋮ ) and select either Delete Loot or Delete Loot Table.

Confirm in the popup that would like to delete the Loot or Loot Table.

Note: You cannot delete Alderman provided Loot or Loot Tables.

Delete Loot Table

How does Alderman Select Loot?

Alderman uses a weighting strategy when selecting Loot. Every Loot item in a Loot Table has a Rarity such as Common or Rare. Each Rarity has an associated weight value (See “Rarity Weights” Table below).

When selecting an item from a Loot Table the total weight of all the Loot is calculated. A random number from 1 to the total weight is picked. This number is used to select an item at random from the Loot Table.

Take in mind that the total number of Loot items in a Loot Table affects the chances of an item being picked. For example, if there are only 3 Loot items in a Loot Table of Rarity CommonCommon, and Uncommon. Then there is a 4/5th (80%) chance of selecting one of the Common items and a 1/5th (20%) chance of selecting an Uncommon item.

However, if there are 20 Loot items in a Loot Table all being Common except 1 being Uncommon then there is a 38/39th (97.5%) chance of selecting one of the Common items and a 1/39th (2.5%) chance of selecting an Uncommon item.

Rarity Weights

RarityWeight Value
Junk70
Common100
Uncommon50
Rare10
Epic5
Legendary1
Rarity Table

Examples

Example 1

A Loot Table with 1 Loot item of each Rarity type has the probability of:

  • Total Weight: 236
  • Chance of picking a Junk Loot item: 29.66%
  • Chance of picking a Common Loot item: 42.37%
  • Chance of picking an Uncommon Loot item: 21.19%
  • Chance of picking a Rare Loot item: 4.24%
  • Chance of picking an Epic Loot item: 2.12%
  • Chance of picking a Legendary Loot item: 0.424%

Example 2

A Loot Table with 5 Common Loot items, 3 Uncommon Loot items, and 1 Epic Loot item has the probability of:

  • Total Weight: 655
  • Chance of picking a Junk Loot item: 0.00%
  • Chance of picking a Common Loot item: 76.34%
  • Chance of picking an Uncommon Loot item: 22.90%
  • Chance of picking a Rare Loot item: 0.00%
  • Chance of picking an Epic Loot item: 0.76%
  • Chance of picking a Legendary Loot item: 0.00%

Example 3

A Loot Table with 3 Rare Loot items, 3 Epic Loot items, and 5 Legendary Loot items has the probability of:

  • Total Weight: 50
  • Chance of picking a Junk Loot item: 0.00%
  • Chance of picking a Common Loot item: 0.00%
  • Chance of picking an Uncommon Loot item: 0.00%
  • Chance of picking a Rare Loot item: 60.00%
  • Chance of picking an Epic Loot item: 30.00%
  • Chance of picking a Legendary Loot item: 10.00%

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.